Blond-It Gifts for 2019
Ho Ho Christmas! Ha Ha Hanukkah!
No longer arduous, last minute gift-giving for the holidays has become a joyful experience due to the ease of online shopping and present-day less crowded retail experience(which of course is also due to online shopping!).
THE GIFT IS IN THE GIVING: Blond-It’s Picks for Holiday 2019
For those Special Men or Ladies
1. Luggage, luggage luggage! A way to hint that its time for a great getaway! They may not be the spiffiest valises out there, but Away brand luggage makes traveling easy. Their bags are attractive, minimal, and light, and best of all, before they sold a single suitcase, they partnered with Peace Direct, a nonprofit building peace in areas of conflict throughout the globe. Away has stores in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Los Angeles. In-shop artists can custom paint your initials on the polycarbonate luggage (if you are willing to wait until the 27th) https://www.awaytravel.com/our-story
2. A Loro Piana scarf never fails to please and I’ve noticed over the years that Loro Piana cashmere doesn’t pill like most other cashmere does. How do they do it? Some sort of Italian secret recipe? Shop Loro Piana at Saks in person or online or in the Loro Piana boutiques or their website: https://us.loropiana.com
3. Well, this is more for the ladies, but I promise she will love you even more if she loved you before! The Hope Circle Collection at Ben Bridge Jeweler features unique and elegant pendants in gold, rose gold, or white gold, with or without diamonds, with diamond earrings also available. And I will reveal to you that I am the proud designer of this striking jewelry. https://www.benbridge.com/hope-circle
4. Another soon to be cherished jewel for her, with a most reasonable price tag, is the Oval Lab Sapphire 14k White Gold Ring by Gemvara with lab diamonds . Another beauty from the exciting online source Gemvara is the lab diamond Oval Bloom Ring. To the naked eye, lab-grown gems are indistinguishable from vastly more expensive mined gems. https://www.gemvara.com
5. Macy’s impeccable ladies diamond and white gold cross pendants are now 35% off, and men’s diamond cross pendants are 70% off! https://www.macys.com Rush!
6. If they are feisty, enroll him or her in a convenient boxing gym, or for the more comfort-seeking, a series of deep-tissue massages or mani-pedis are always desirable options.
7. Buy the latest Echo Link Stereo on Amazon to stream Hi-Fi music to his or her Alexa. https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Link-Stream-stereo-system/dp/B0798DVZCY
8. People stop and ask me what perfume I am wearing. There are so many spectacular and unusual new fragrances out there, like my very favorite 100% natural gardenia oil and Body Glow by Kai and Kai Rose Body Butter: https://kaifragrance.com available on Amazon or The Dermstore. https://www.dermstore.com . Also, perfect for the season: Byredo’s unisex super sexy Super Cedar (and numerous other fabulous and unique fragrances), waiting for you at Nordstroms, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and online at Byredo, with free second day air shipping on orders above $200. https://www.byredo.com/us_en/. Another favorite, for the outdoorsy woman, is Annick Goutal’s Petite Cherie spray from Annick Goutal Women’s Fragrances Online: https://www.giftexpress.com/women-s-fragrances/annick-goutal-petite-cherie-3427.php
The weaver of dreams: Fine leather goods are always appreciated and often cherished. And for all of those elegant women and men whose own initials are enough, pop into Bottega Veneta in New York or Los Angeles (where there’s even a branch at LAX) or most major cities. Most branches are open until 4 PM on Christmas Eve. https://www.bottegaveneta.com
10. Lancer Skincare makes highly effective skincare products. Dr. Lancer has been treating the most flawless complexions in Beverly Hills for the last thirty years. And now Lancer is available at department stores including Saks and Nordstroms. Or try Lancer’s special holiday packages online. https://www.lancerskincare.com
11. The ultimate gift for the right person: Body Contouring Treatment in New York from pfranks by Dr. Paul Jarrod Frank. Add definition, reduce fat, tone and lift, for men and women: https://pfrankmd.com/emsculpt/
12. Surprise them with a weekend getaway to a sexy and romantic spa hotel like The Mayflower Inn in Washington, Connecticut: https://aubergeresorts.com/mayflower or the San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara, California: https://www.sanysidroranch.com. Or even make an adventure of a single night at the airport, with a stay at the new retro-look TWA Hotel at JFK Airport, featuring meals by Jean-Georges, a gym, and a spectacular heated-for-winter rooftop infinity pool. https://www.twahotel.com
13. For your very nearest and dearest, satin sleep masks specifying “Fuck Me”, “Fuck You”, “Good Gal”, “Bad Gal”. Etsy has quite a selection.
14. Also sexy, but only if you know her size, the best lingerie in the most inventive patterns and colors- bras, panties, and nightwear- (I just received the Lorna brown and peach thong and highly recommend it) at l’Agent Provocateur shops. (Many items are 50% off even though it’s holiday time!) https://www.agentprovocateur.com/us_en
15. And at no (financial) cost to you, offer them a naughty home-made gift certificate to be redeemed at their choice of time or place…if you know what I mean.
16. And on a more practical level, who doesn’t need a new pair of cozy slippers? LL Bean’s Wicked Good Sheepskin Moccasins for men and women are the best: https://www.llbean.com
For Business Associates or Less Intimate Friends
17. There is always the delightful gift of chocolates, and the most scrumptious chocolates on the planet, John Kelly, are hand-made in Los Angeles and available in the John Kelly stores in Santa Monica and on the Sunset Strip, as well as the new Neiman Marcus in New York or on-line at https://www.johnkellychocolates.com/wholesale/
18. Tiffany, both in-person and online, is an ideal spot for gift-givers who don’t know exactly what gift they want to give. The legendary jeweler carries all sorts of gorgeously executed utilitarian goods like sterling silver magnifying paperweights, sterling tape measures, sterling round clocks, bookends, compasses, piggybanks, Tiffany blue leather passport covers, 2020 diaries, and notebooks. https://www.tiffany.com
19. Or browse the enormous selection of luxurious Scented Candles and Diffuser from Candle Delirium in West Hollywood, the #1 destination for luxury candles in the world including such lines as: Archipelago candles and diffusers, Diptyque candles, Cire Trudon candles, Voluspa candles and diffusers, Tocca candles, Carriere Freres candles, Seda France candles and diffusers, Votivo candles, Trapp candles, Belle Fleur candles, DL & Co. candles, Delirium candles, Jonathan Adler candles, Rigaud candles, Nest candles, Aquiesse candles, Christian Tortu candles, Malin & Goetz candles, The Thymes candles, Ralph Lauren candles, Modern Alchemy candles, LAFCO candles, Frasier Fir candles, Amouage candles, Rosy Rings candles, Antica Farmicista diffusers, Boy Smells candles, AERIN candles, Coqui Coqui candles & diffusers, Skandanavisk candles, Biren & Co candles, and Michael Aram candles. Free shipping on orders over $99: https://www.candledelirium.com
20. Surprise them with a comfortable bathrobe. Everyone always appreciates a terry-cloth or fleece spa robe with the giftee’s initials, name or corporate logo. PersonalizationMall.Com has a one to two day turnaround: https://www.personalizationmall.com
21. A donation in his or her name to a preferred charity is always appreciated.
22. If you have an inkling of their literary taste, a great novel can be their tomorrow, from Amazon or Barnes&Noble online. And a new coffee table book is a consistent page-turner for the entire year and years to come.
23. Or Johnny Walker Black or always desirable Ruinart or Roederer Crystal Champagne from Wallys in Beverly Hills https://www.wallywine.com/wines/region-state/champagne.html
24. And why not a splendiferous double orchid in winter white from Simpson and Company in New York https://simpsonandco.net
25. Why not an entire year’s subscription to Highlights Magazine? Monthly issues for children, full of fun and learning, addressing age groups from 0-2, 3-6, and 7-12. https://www.highlights.com
26. Blond-It’s Picks for Holiday 2019: A present is when you give someone something you want to give them, but a gift is when you give someone something you know they will love.