‘‘Tis the season to be kind, loving, generous and ready for anything…. actually, ’tis always the season for that….”
Here are our holiday gift suggestions for everyone on your list!
GIFT GIVING: For those who truly are committed, for the people who you know who would appreciate this
1. Search through your photos and find one fabulous image portraying a moment when life was special, or one that indicates a secret between you and another, or even one that is a reminder of a funny memory with a dear friend. Place the picture in a lovely frame, either new or vintage, and let the dear recipient of the framed photo know they are in your heart forever.
2. Write a heartfelt letter to someone who may not expect it or whom you think could use a little extra love at this time of year. Place your kind words on gorgeous stationary, seal it, spray it with your favorite scent, and send it attached to a box filled with Hershey’s Kisses.
3. Donate toys for children in hospitals (Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles). Or those left homeless by the recent California fires (Spark of Love toy drive). They must be new, unwrapped and sealed, so they go to the appropriate age child. A little sticky bow may be added.
FOR BUSINESS ASSOCIATES, CLIENTS, OR THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TOUCHED YOUR LIFE BUT WHOM YOU DON’T KNOW INTIMATELY:
Why not make a small but meaningful donation to a recipient’s favorite charity?
4. Some believe LA chocolates are the best in the world. Hand-dipped fruit and nuts from Diane Kron in Beverly Hills.
6. For her: A Tiffany lead crystal Elsa Peretti heart box is a heartfelt and memorable gift.
7. For him: Tiffany’s Wave Pencil Holder, by Elsa Peretti, adds masculine elegance to any desk.
8. Order small batch chocolate perfection from John Kelly in Santa Monica or Hollywood.
GIFTS FOR OUR LADIES
9. For LA ladies – Why not a gift certificate for a fantastic blow-dry at Jose Eber salon -ask for Joey or Gregory.
And for their NY counterparts, Valery Joseph Salon is an extraordinary treat.
Then there’s a way to gift her with many a VIP ‘s little secret townhouse get-away. “Joey” or Joey Battisti is a name whispered (but world famous) in light of his incredibly natural hair extension techniques, his delicate attention to color, and his availability at super early or beyond late hours, and readiness to travel to your destination …. for a little extra cost.
10. If you really want to do something special, La Perla has created a gift box of panties that’s like a little travel case – so indulgent.
11. For our lovely and loving friends: Beverly Hills dermatologist Dr. Harold Lancer’s creams are the secret to gorgeous skin.
12. For close gal pals: Hanky Panky colorful panties in assorted colors – so much fun. (And one size fits most).
13. For remarkable fragrances and beauty products, purchase anything Guerlain, but especially Orchidee Imperiale facial moisturizer.
14. Or how about those sexy Manolo Blahnik slides, the ones with the invisible double straps, the ones you’ve been desiring? She wants them too.
15. This is an easy one, but always a pleasing one: a mani, pedi gift certificate to their favorite nail spa.
GIFTS FOR OUR GENTS
Most men truly enjoy the esthetics of various items they need but often are somewhat oblivious, not quite able to snoop around to locate the coolest objects for themselves.
16. A suit press.
17. A clothes steamer.
18. Ugg’s slippers
19. Ralph Lauren’s Brennan Mouse Pad in black is a fine asset for any dude’s desk. As is Ralph’s black leather and steel Cody Desk Object, which I gather is another name for a paperweight. And Ralph Lauren’s Brennan leather pencil cup is an additional handsome choice. These can be gifted separately or packaged together.
20. Socks in unusual colors and patterns that he’ll never choose for himself, but will wear and enjoy. Sweden’s Happy Socks supply charming holiday packaging.
21. How about some bright new boxers (but not briefs, unless he is your nearest and dearest)?
22. Cuisinart’s electric wine opener turns an entertaining fellow into Cary Grant. Or James Bond.
23. And why not a gift certificate or gift card that can range from anything a la Hermès to movie theater tickets?
(Women would appreciate most of these gifts as well, although the boxers may only appeal to the creative class of females.)
FOR GROWN UP BOYS AND GIRLS
25. How about a couple of Baccarat champagne, wine or water glasses with a promise of an additional two every year until a set of four of each is complete? It’s both a commitment and a joy to keep on giving.
26. A subscription to the Wall Street Journal is a daily reminder of your friendship.
27. Always keep some extra boxes of chocolate on hand: Godiva, or Kelly Kron is always a pleasurable gift for the last-minute person you inadvertently left off your shopping list.
28. Any scenes from “A more rarified age” coffee table book from the late photographer Slim Aarons: “Poolside”, “Once Upon a Time”, or “A Place in the Sun,”
30. Then there’s the gift of TM training – the gift of a lifetime, in both New York and Los Angeles. Contact: davidlynchfoundation.org
31. Discreetly find out during conversation the recipients’ favorite wine and send a bottle.
32.Everyone loves the gift of a great massage – with a masseuse or masseur you trust.
33. An Amazon ECHO, if someone isn’t already hooked up.
34. It’s always a pleasure to receive a soft but short and sexy terry robe for her and a matching calf-length one for him.
FOR THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE
A weekend at a charming inn:
35. On the East Coast, there are so many to choose from, but Blond-it couples adore the Mayflower Inn & Spa in Washington, CT, a bucolic luxury hideaway.
36. And much romance is to be found at Twin Farms in Vermont.
37. For West Coasters, Ojai offers a number of fabulous yet tranquil retreats including Ojai Valley Inn and Spa, Ojai Wellness Retreat and The Oaks at Ojai.